Free Webinar for Parents and Teachers
Making Connections - Unlocking your child's potential
This Webinar is presented by Susan Steele, founder of Performance Breakthrough.
Susan’s story begins with her two sons, who despite being very intelligent, struggled in school with low concentration and also found literacy difficult to comprehend. Having completed a balance and co-ordination programme, school and home life improved dramatically for both boys and, as Susan will explain, they unlocked their full potential.
Having seen the transformation in her sons and her whole family, Susan left her corporate job in Finance after 26 years to set up her own business. She had decided that she had to let other parents know what she had experienced and travelled to the USA along with Patricia McCarthy, Occupational Therapist, to train under Dr F. Belgau, Founder of Learning Breakthrough and Author of ‘A life in Balance’.
Over the last 10 years, Susan has been working with children and adults in N.Ireland, ROI and across the UK. Her work has been endorsed by Dr A. Anish (Paediatric Consultant and Head of ADHD Services – Northern Trust). She has worked with young offenders in Hydebank Wood College where the Governor stated “This is the single most successful programme that I have witnessed in 29 years in service.”
As the programme also improves the body/mind connection for sporting ability she has worked with Football teams and Golfers including a European tour professional at present.
In this Webinar we, at Performance Breakthrough will explain our insights into many areas that children, parents and teachers find challenging.
For example, children can be viewed as badly behaved at times but from our experience this behaviour can actually be due to an under-developed Vestibular (balance ) system. This under-development can be corrected with the use of balance and specially designed exercises.
We will share with you: –
- A demonstration entitled Why do we use balance? This will explain the scientific background to our balance and co-ordination programme.
- The NASA connection between body and mind which was discovered by a teacher.
- Our insights into the work that we carry out with children who are experiencing problems with learning in the classroom, at home or on the sports field. We will cover areas such as hand/eye co-ordination, slow processing speed, comprehension, concentration, retaining information, behaviour and social interaction.
- Our simple eye tracking test which can detect a weak connection between a child’s ability to physically focus and a reduced level of mental concentration.
We will also explain our reasoning behind the following : –
Why is it that:
- Despite parents and teachers providing all kinds of extra resources and assistance, children may still have difficulty with comprehension, spelling retention, reading and handwriting.
- Some children have very high frustration levels and cannot listen to reason.
- Some children are easily distracted and distract others even though they should know that there are consequences?
- Some children can sit still and listen whilst others cannot?
- Some children can read words like horse and garage and yet struggle with words like at and the?
- Some children lack empathy for others? (At Performance Breakthrough we believe that the reason behind this is truly fascinating).
- Some children get all of their spellings correct on the Friday test but have forgotten them by Monday?
We have allocated an hour and a half for this Webinar to include adequate time for Q&A. Click here to register for our Free Webinar for parents.
If you would like to send questions to our team, please email them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Webinar will be held every Thursday at 2pm .
Please share these dates with your friends.
Call us today to book your Free Consultation
Tel: 07790 245 145
Tel: 07500 337 708
We hold a free Webinar for parents every Thursday at 2.00pm. Book your space to find out how we can help to unlock your child’s potential.
Alternatively complete the form on our ‘Get in Touch’ page. One of the team will be in touch during opening hours (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm)